The purposes for which Candera Japan will use personal information are defined in Section II, under “Purposes of Use”. In the event that Candera Japan obtains or uses personal information pertaining to an individual for a purpose other than those defined below, Candera Japan shall explain the purpose for which it shall be used, by what means it will be used, and the scope of its use to said individual. Candera Japan shall then receive the individual’s consent before using the information.
Ⅰ Personal Information
“Personal Information” is defined according to its definition in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003, hereinafter “Personal Information Protection Act”). This refers to information pertaining to a living individual, which may include a name, date of birth, or other descriptions that can be used to identify a specific individual, or information containing an individual identification code.
Ⅱ Attainment and Use of Personal Information
Candera Japan shall obtain and use personal information for one or more of the purposes defined below (hereinafter “Purposes of Use”). In the event that the purpose(s) for which the information would be used deviates from the Purposes of Use, Candera Japan shall receive consent from the individual to whom the information pertains in advance.
Purposes of Use
- 1）Personal information entrusted to Candera Japan by a client or business partner as part of outsourced work
・To perform work outsourced to Candera Japan by a client or business partner, or to provide after-sales service
・To perform duties such as payment, the creation of invoices, or correspondence regarding such topics as the conducting of business or purchase of materials as it relates to the outsourced work
- 2） Personal information entrusted to Candera Japan by a client as part of service duties (including such duties as the sale of products)
・For identity authentication when using a given service
・To sell, provide, and lend services (this includes receipt of applications, payment of fees, shipment, etc.)
・For other services that go along with the sale, provision, and lending of services (this includes advertisements for additional goods/services, maintenance, and necessary correspondence or confirmation as part of the conducting of business)
・To send service-related campaign information, surveys, direct mail, or newsletters, or to send products, samples, or gifts
・For usage analyses, the results of which would be used for Candera Japan service-related improvements, development, and advertising
・To respond to inquiries
- 3）Personal information relating to other inquiries or consultations
・To contact or confirm with a party in regards to an inquiry, consultation, or complaint
- 4）Personal information related to Candera Japan employees or applicants for employment
・For affairs related to human resources regarding Candera Japan employees, applicants for employment, or ex-employees, or correspondence or inquiries for other general business affairs
Ⅲ Handling and Protection of Personal Information
Candera Japan shall handle personal information with stringency and, excluding the cases defined below, shall not disclose or provide personal information to a third party without the consent of the person to whom the information pertains. Candera Japan, in accordance with laws, regulations, guidelines, and Candera Japan internal policies, shall protect information it possesses from loss, damage, or leaks by educating its employees, implementing a system that appoints people to oversee and handle matters pertaining to personal information, and taking measures to prevent theft and unauthorized network access.
- 1) Cases in which it is necessary to protect a person’s life, physical well-being, or assets, and the consent of the individual to whom the information pertains is difficult to obtain, or the obtaining of said consent would take time
- 2) Cases in which it is specifically necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy development of a child or children, and the consent of the individual to whom the information pertains is difficult to obtain
- 3) Cases in which a government body, local public body, or a party acting on behalf of such a body requires cooperation as part of the legal duties of said body or party, and the act of obtaining of the consent of the individual to whom the information pertains poses a risk of impeding said legal duties
- 4) Cases in which, within the scope of one or more of the Purposes of Use, personal information is partially or wholly entrusted to another party in order to smoothly conduct business operations
- 5) Cases in which personal information is provided as part of a transfer of work due to a merge or other such reasons
- 6) Cases permitted by other laws or regulations
Ⅳ-1 Entrusting of Personal Information to Outside Parties
Candera Japan, within the scope of one or more of the Purposes of Use, may partially or wholly entrust the handling of personal information to an outside party. In such an event, Candera Japan shall thoroughly evaluate the qualifications of the outside party, enter into a contract with the outside party which includes an obligation to confidentiality, and appropriately supervise the outside party as necessary. Candera Japan may use personal information in conjunction with another party or parties as stipulated by the Personal Information Protection Act.
Ⅳ-2 Transfer of Personal Information to Foreign Countries
Candera Japan may transfer personal information of a client to Candera GmbH, a company within the same group as Candera Japan which is located in Austria. In such an event, Candera Japan, in accordance with the laws and regulations of Austria, shall take necessary and proper measures to ensure the safety of the client’s personal information.
- 2) As part of the services that it provides, Candera Japan may use Google Analytics for such purposes as providing features included in the services, showing advertisements, or for usage analysis. In such an event, Google may send advertisements to the client.
- Google Analytics
- 3) Please refer to the website of the proprietor of your browser for information on how to cease the provision of your information for cookies.
Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/-answer.py?hl=ja&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies Apple Safari https://support.apple.com/ja-jp/HT201265 Microsoft Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Ⅵ Disclosure/Correction/Deletion/Cessation of Use of Personal Information
- 1) Disclosure
In the event that an individual requests information pertaining to themselves to be disclosed, Candera Japan shall disclose the information to the individual without delay. Candera Japan shall attempt to disclose the information via the method of contact requested by the individual. However, in the event that any of the following would apply as a result of said disclosure, Candera Japan may refrain from partial or full disclosure of the information. In the event that Candera Japan decides to refrain from partial or full disclosure of the information, Candera Japan shall notify the individual to whom the information pertains without delay.
- ① In the event that there is a risk of harm being done to the life, physical well-being, assets, or other rights and interests of the individual to whom the information pertains or a third party
- ② In the event that there is a risk of a remarkable impediment to the proper conduct of Candera Japan’s business operations
- ③ In the event that any law or ordinance would be violated
- 2) Correction/Deletion of Nonfactual Information
- ① In the event that personal information that Candera Japan possesses is incorrect, at the request of the individual to whom the information pertains, Candera Japan, following the procedure that it has established, shall correct or delete the information.
- ② In the event that Candera Japan deems that it is necessary to fulfill a request as described in ①, it shall correct or delete the personal information without delay and notify the individual to whom the information pertains of its correction or deletion.
- 3) Deletion/Cessation of Use of Information
In the event that an individual requests Candera Japan to delete or cease the use of personal information pertaining to the said individual for one or more of the reasons listed below, Candera Japan shall conduct a necessary investigation without delay.
・The information was used for a purpose other than one of the Purposes of Use
・The information was obtained via improper means
・The information was used in a manner that was liable to incite or promote illegal or improper acts
・Candera Japan no longer has a need to use the information
・The information was leaked, lost, or damaged
・There was a risk that the rights and interests of the individual would be infringed upon due to how the information was handled
Based on the results of said investigation, Candera Japan shall take such actions as deleting or ceasing the use of the information and notify the individual to whom the information pertains of such actions. However, in the event that the deletion or cessation of use of the personal information would involve a large financial cost or in the event that it would be difficult to delete or cease the use of the information for other reasons, Candera Japan shall take necessary alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the individual to whom the information pertains, if there are alternative measures that can be taken.
- 4) Request Form
Individuals requesting the disclosure/correction/deletion/cessation of use of personal information pertaining to themselves must provide the information detailed below, along with a document that can be used to verify the identity of the individual (such as a copy of a driver’s license). If the request is being carried out by a proxy, a document that can verify that the proxy is a representative of the individual to whom the information pertains (such as a letter of attorney) must also be provided. All of the necessary information/documents must be sent to the Personal Information Contact written in Section IX. Candera Japan shall reply upon confirming the identity of the individual and, in accordance with its internal policy, shall immediately dispose of the documents used for confirming the identity of the individual. Candera Japan will not charge clients for submitting such a request.
Information to provide:
・Name, address, telephone number, and email address
・Kind of request (e.g. disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, cessation of use by Candera Japan/a third party)
・Description of request
Ⅷ Compliance to Laws, Ordinances, and Standards
Candera Japan complies with Japanese laws, ordinances, and other standards applicable to personal information that Candera Japan possesses.
Ⅸ Contact Information
For inquiries regarding the use of personal information at Candera Japan, please contact us using the information below.
Candera Japan, Inc. Personal Information Contact:
Personal Information Management: Hiroaki Fujita
Pacific Marks Shinjuku Park Side 2F, 4-15-7
Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0023, Japan
Established December 12, 2019
Revised May 21, 2021
Revised November 25, 2021
Revised March 31, 2022